Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Tale of my Tail-bone

I've never broken a bone. So, today after my orthopedist found that I had a cracked coccyx, there was a mystery: I recalled no fall or blow, no auto accident. Here is what I came up with:
This past spring I began to have sweats. All tests found nothing; I cut my dose of Zoloft in half. That reduced the sweats, but my depression came back: my weight plummetted by more than 22 lbs.On June 7th we went to ballet. Lucy, our housekeeper drove and Yvette occupied the front passenger seat. I sat in the middle of the back seat of my Mercedes so that Irv and Sherry Kraft could sit on either side. It was a 10 minute ride to their house to pick them up; Sherry decided not to go so I was able to move off the middle section to sit on the softer side. At ballet I began have pain in my rump. It continued over the next 5 weeks. When the pain refused to leave, I sought help and the fractured coccyx came to light.
To put it all together: my loss of body fat exposed my lower back /coccyx and a 10 minute ride on the middle section of the back seat was enough to crack my tailbone.

No comments:

Post a Comment