Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fun in My Spare Time

I'm going through my photos, some as far back as 1982. Lots of interesting places: Grand Canyon in a rainstorm, bend of the Bow River (Canada), Scurlock Bldg Garage at 3:00am, interior view of a cone-like flower, dunes of gypsum, etc. Probably my biggest lesson was to learn that not every frame in a film cassete (36) was going to be a masterpiece, that I had to take frame after frame after frame to get the shot that would satisfy me. I learned something from every teacher: the first just said,"Take more," the last said, "Let's crop to make the print more interesting."
My world of photography has been replaced by bridge, also a stimulating, challenging pastime. It's more social because I have a partner and I have opponents, contrasting to picture-taking where I was alone with camera & tripod & light and my efforts to match Ansel Adams & other pioneers.
I wonder what I'll try next?

No comments:

Post a Comment